Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 25-and-a-half: BONUS CONTENT

Because I've been a bit shit about updating this recently, I figured some extra content wouldn't go amiss. And with a dual remit of "songs which make me laugh" and "not wanting to put any actual effort in", that means something whose comedic value should be obvious to all but the clinically-dead. But I've already mentioned Six Feet Under.

So, instead:



There's something rather heartwarming about the way that, after decades of trying to run from his innate ridiculousness, and making even more of a laughing-stock of himself in the process, William Shatner has finally become genuinely cool by embracing all the things about himself which had previous ensured that he wasn't. The album I mentioned in my last post - 2004's Has Been - really is worth checking out, by the way. I'm sure most people reading this will already be aware of the utterly-majestic cover of Pulp's 'Common People' (if not, what have you been doing with your internet access for the past six years?), but beyond that comedy highlight, there's a lot to enjoy about the record in a completely non-tongue-in-cheek way.

No comments: